Friday 16 August 2019

Assignments for the Class

For this upcoming semester, I am the most excited about the storytelling aspect of the course. I am so used to classes where I read texts and then am required to write essays analyzing their more profound meaning. In writing my own stories based on the readings, I have a chance to look at familiar or new stories and think about them from a different perspective, whether by changing the genre or narrator point of view. Because of this, I am also excited about the semester project. The storybooks I looked at were so fun to read, and I already have ideas floating in my head for what I want to do with my own.
Storytelling Brings Life to Words. Web Source: Pixabay
This class is a mix of both a familiar and new setup for me, and I am curious about how it will turn out. I've taken multiple online courses where I had to post and comment on my classmates' posts. The difference between this class and the previous ones is that there are no midterms or final. So for every grade to be based on whether I am willing to The grading is also very different, but it is nice to know that if I work through an assignment all the way, I will receive full credit.

The extra credit is another exciting part of this class for me. My old teachers offered only during finals week, so it was only worth doing if you were at 89.3% and wanted to get bumped up to an A. I'm excited for having an opportunity to finish the semester early with extra credit so I can focus on my other classes for finals. So far, the famous last words, the extra reading, and the extra commenting credit look the most interesting to me, but I will certainly explore all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment